Mailcheck question.

I'm giving GNOME a good ol' road testing, and so far I like what I
see. But I have a question about the mailcheck applet, which should be
easy to answer, but I haven't found the answer anywhere.

In the applet properties, you can select some program to run when the
applet is clicked (for example, run balsa). But the problem is that I
usually have my mail program running already, and clicking on the applet
will just launch a new instance of the program (I tried "xterm -e pine",
which is the mailer program I use).

Ideally, I would like the result of clicking on the applet to be that I
get switched to the desktop where my mailer program is running, and the
focus is set to that window. Is there a way of saying this in the "execute
when clicked" area?

Thanks for any help...

Jorge