Disabling right mouse click on desktop

Hi,

  By default, right-clicking on the root window or an icon on the
desktop brings up a menu.  Is there anyway to disable this?  I have
look at the file manager but I cannot find anything for that.

  In case you are wondering, I am trying to set up an environment in
which people cannot execute arbitrary commands (but due to other
constraints, it has to be done in Gnome).  In particular, the menu
allows people to create directories, etc.  I do not want this allowed.
I can make the .gnome-desktop directory not writable, but they can
still launch a terminal and change that.

  I have also tried configuring sawfish to grab the button events to
pop up a window list instead, but this does not work if I press two
mouse buttons at the same time.

  Any help would be appreciated.

Howard

---
Howard Cheng              e-mail: hchcheng scg math uwaterloo ca
University of Waterloo    URL   : http://www.scg.uwaterloo.ca/~hchcheng/
Computer Science Graduate Student (PhD)

When in doubt, it must be trivial.