RE: fed up with rpm's

On 30-May-00 root wrote:

> Hi
>  I seem to be in  RPM dependency hell at the moment
>  1. the tarballs for bonobo and gnomeprint will not
>  produce rpm's with no error messages iven (both
>  compile fine from source)
>  2. The rpm's for libglade say there is no
>  libbonobo.so.1 - I can see it in /usr/lib
>  3. I have compiled gtk and glib 1.2.7 but gnumeric
>  in
>  rpm tells me that they are not there
>
>  (I am writing this in spruce 6.4 which insists on
>  them)
>
>  Can someone please stop writing spec files which
>  only
>  look in the rpm database and not at the header files
>  PLEASE

        I agree this is annoying, but it can be worked around
by using the "--nodeps" flag of RPM. It would be nice, though,
if we were spared the bother of having to check that yes, yes,
the library is there, and it is a recent enough version, etc.

Date: 30-May-00  Time: 12:59:28

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon Advanced Technology
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor