fed up with rpm's

Hi
 I seem to be in  RPM dependency hell at the moment
 1. the tarballs for bonobo and gnomeprint will not
 produce rpm's with no error messages iven (both
 compile fine from source)
 2. The rpm's for libglade say there is no
 libbonobo.so.1 - I can see it in /usr/lib
 3. I have compiled gtk and glib 1.2.7 but gnumeric
 in
 rpm tells me that they are not there

 (I am writing this in spruce 6.4 which insists on
 them)

 Can someone please stop writing spec files which
 only
 look in the rpm database and not at the header files
 PLEASE