start and exit GNOME problems

Hey, guys.  I found your exchange in the archives.  I experienced
similar problems; gnome is evry slow to start but seems fine after that
. . . except for one thing.  My "Log Out" button stopped working when
logged in as root but is fine for my working account.  I have been
messing with my kernel and modules a bit, but nothing that would affect
gnome or X as far as I know.  I'm running the version of gnome that came
with RH6.0.  (How do I get the version number from the system?)

Any ideas?

Neil

"daniel sheltraw" <l5gibson@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hello GNOME list
>
> While running GNOME I had a system hang and was forced to hit the
power
> button. The system booted fine after this but it now takes
> a very long time (~10 times longer than before) to start GNOME. Also
> the logout icon under the GUI main menu does not work anymore. How can

> I fix these problems? I am looking for answer other than a reinstall
> of GNOME.

How old is your GNOME?

Jacob
--
"Is this love... or just confusion?"  -- Jimi Hendrix