Re: erratic sound

actually mine is just that sometimes sound plays and sometimes it
doesn't.  if i use anything other than esdplay (like play for
instance) the esdplay sound dies until i run something like xmms.  this
especially happens when my procmail system plays a sound for an incoming
e-mail.  sound always dies following that (some of my sounds in procmail
use the play command).  could it be the mixing of play and esdplay is
killing sound?

see what you said.....