Re: strange problem

On 12 May, jack wallen jr wrote:
> since i've upgraded to the latest gnome (helix) i've noticed a very
> strange problem.  i'll try to describe it.  whenever i do something like
> try to save a file in applixware or when i try to edit preferences in
> something like netscape or anytime an application opens up a new, smaller
> window (and it's on top of the original window) that newer window blinks
> making it, sometimes, hard to work with.
>
> has anyone else encountered this problem and if so do you know of a fix?

John Harper has identified the problem as a bug in the implementation of
the "raise group" feature. The fix (until he gets it working) is not to
use this feature. (Doctor, it hurts when I do this. Then don't do it.)
Here's how: Via sawmill configuration (or in the GNOME control center if
you compiled w/ --enable-capplet) go to the Focus/Advanced subsection
and turn off the option "Raise entire group after focusing a window".

Regards,

Barthel
--
   ld_barthel@yahoo.com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063
gpg fingerprint: 8D3F 4BFF D36B BFCC FEE5  86A0 2AAF D3DA C395 641E

Nobody knows the Tribbles I've seen...