Re: Different Gnome Types

----- Original Message -----
From: SoloCDM <deedsmis@ris.net>

> Ben FrantzDale wrote:

Ahh... Ok. My understanding is that Helix Gnome is just Helixcode's branded
distribution of gnome. They are packaging gnome up to be easy to setup and
use. It's still the same Gnome just additional nicities. (ie it's not a
different type of Gnome.)  Yes, October gnome is the version that came out
in October.

If you'r interested in seting up a version of gnome on your computer, you
might be best to wait a week or two for the 1.2 release but you can also
just grab the prerelease stuff which seems to work quite well. Personally
I'd suggest you grab one of the beta releases from helixcode(.com) it'll be
easiest to get going in my experience.

--Ben