Re: Can I install GNOME in Red Hat 5.2

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 12:19:25PM -0700 or thereabouts, Craig Orsinger wrote:
> On 03-May-00 Raffaele Borrelli wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I use Red Hat 5.2 on computer with alpha processor,
> > can I install GNOME? and how can I do?
> > I read about many libraries dipendencies in GNOME and I
> > don't know if Red Hat 5.2 has alla of them.
> > Thank you.
>
>         No, libxml, ORBit, libghttp, and libgtop, just to name a
> few, are missing.

Just as a potentially irrelevant side note, my first experience with
GNOME was on Red Hat 5.2, so it worked a while ago :) This was a bit
of a cheat because it wasn't all of GNOME: as I recall, my sweetheart
decided to amuse me my giving me gnome-games to play with, which
necessitated the installation of gnome-libs as well. Just those two.
I didn't even have the panel. But I can vouch for those two.

Let's face it, same-gnome and aisleriot are all you need :)

Telsa