Yeah.  That's what I was thinking.  However, I often use any number of
different ftp clients, depending on the OS I'm using at the time, so, I
would prefer a solution, that is not tied to using a particular client.

>Well, that's what it's SUPPOSED to be, and <rant> the FTP site
>maintainers do a crappy job of keeping things up to date.</rant>  I've
>volunteered a couple of times, since it's a minute ammount of effort to
>keep it current, and probably only a couple of hours of work to get it
>there.

I suppose someone could write a script that scans for the latest versions
and updates the links accordingly.

Thanks for your interest.

Fred