KDE won't get out of my foot menu. Oh, god please help me.

I want the foot back the way it used to be. Ever since I installe helix,
there's nothing I can do to get rid of the KDE item in my foot menu. I
went into global properties of the panel and found menus, and put "off"
for kde.  But that bastard son of a qt won't go.

Almost as bad, I choose to have the programs IN the menu, not as a sub
menu, but it stays as a sub menu.

Here is what I have that might be relevant:
control-center-1.0.51-2_helix_4
gnome-libs-1.0.57-0_helix_1
gnome-core-1.1.5-0_helix_4
gtk+-1.2.7-0_helix_6

I've already tried erasing ~/.gnome. No help.

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn@ukans.edu