Re: bonobo

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 02:01:06 Peter Wainwright wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 00:37:45 Thomas R . Shannon wrote:
> > I've been curious about bonobo for some time.  I noticed that no one has
> > been making rpm's for it.  Why is that?  Is it because its still to
> > unstable?  Why isn't it a part of gnome-core?
> >

> I've put one on my website http://www.wainpr.demon.co.uk/gnome.
> It's built from current CVS as of yesterday, and is split as usual into
> bonobo and bonobo-devel packages.
>
> It's only really useful for playing around with at the moment, but it's
quite
> neat to see a gnumeric spreadsheet embedded within another program...

Yes, this was sort of what I had in mind.  I keep lab notebooks and
imbedding a small spreadsheet into a word processor document might be
nice.  In addition there was talk some time ago about using guppi to
imbed graphics into gnumeric spreadsheets.  This would be outstanding if
it ever happens.

Tom

Quote of the day for March 27th, 2000
"If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?"
		- Art Hoppe