Re: desktop resolution

There is a Gnome-panel applet called quickres which lets you switch
between resolutions similar to the windows quickres program.
But for it to work you need to have defined valid resoltions through
your x-configuration tool. Enter setup at the command line and choose
X-configuration.

The applet can be found here:
http://members.es.tripod.de/~bisente/gquickres/indexe.html

Christian