RE: desktop resolution

>I wasn't the one with the problem. I was suggesting that the gnome
>FAQ be updated with the issue since this question hits the list a
>least once a month. Something like
>
>Q: how to change screen resolutions.
>A: Gnome has no control over screen resolution see you X Server
>   documentation.

There's a program called gVidChanger in the GNOME software map...
http://www.gnome.org/applist/view.phtml?name=gVidChanger

Quoting from that page:
    gVidChanger is a GTK applet to quickly and easily change video
    resolutions in X.

I haven't tried this program yet but there's a stable source URL so
it may help those users who don't want (or know how) to configure
X.

ttyl,
Brooke