Re: Colours Under Solaris

see /usr/sbin/m64config, you can run it as user.
examples:
/usr/sbin/m64config -propt
/usr/sbin/m64config -prconf
/usr/sbin/m64config -depth 24 -res 1152x900

my own config
$ /usr/sbin/m64config -propt

--- OpenWindows Configuration for /dev/fbs/m640 ---
OWconfig: machine
Video Mode: 1152x900x76
Depth: 24

And I have no color problem.
You have to know that first U5 model, can't get this config
even in 1024x768, you will need 800x600 to get 24 in depth.

If you have to get 8 bits only, use window maker that is
configurable for the number of color it uses and see the
command lines options od netscape.
good luck
JRC
PS: I don't remember if m64config exists under 2.5 (?)