Colours Under Solaris

Hi Everyone,

I am having a colour or lack thereof problem on my Sun Ultra 5 station that
is running
Solaris 2.5.1 (soon to be upgraded to Solaris 2.6).

The deal is this.  I like using NEdit to do my C++ and other coding.  I
like the syntax
highlighting feaure.  The problem is that it can't get any colours under
Enlightenment
and GNOME to highlight the syntax of the code with.  This happens
regardless of
whether I am running Netscape or XMMS or not.  What is taking up all the
colours
and how can I free some up for NEdit?  I thoguht that I would try using
WindowMaker
instead of Enlightenment but it starts up complaing about not having enough
colours
for this and that so I can even thing of bringing up NEdit under it.

Can anyone help me solve this dilemma?  I would appreciate any input.

Bidemi Temidire