Re: Helix Desktop first release and default "open in terminal"termi nal

"Kevin D. Knerr, Sr." <kknerrsr@ptdprolog.net> writes:

> Rather than renaming the xterm binary, if you really want to go this
> route, you'd be better off making an alias for several reasons:

Normally, when programs exec other programs, they don't know about
aliases.  You generally have to put a wrapper script earlier in the
path.

> FWIW, the ancient XTerm is quite customizable--it just relies on the old
> hand-edited resource file method. But no, it won't support all of the
> gee whiz features of its descendants, like rxvt, eterm, &
> gnome-terminal.

And vice versa, actually.

236 days, 58 minutes, 20 seconds till we run away.
IOT trap -- core dumped