locale problems

Sorry for a question that I'm sure has been discussed, but my archive
search has been fruitless.

I get the following error regularly:

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

I know nothing about Gnome, so a little locale primer might be in
order.  Where do I begin?

I have learned about the locale command.  It shows me this:
LANG=POSIX
LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_ALL=

I just recently upgraded to Slackware 7.0 and I'm using the Gnome
stuff that came on the distribution.  Thanks for any help.

(We'll see if the system upgrade fixes the hangs that I've been
having.)

--
Jesse Hughes

"You see 300 of something, anything, and you go `[Man], that's a lot of
stuff.'" -- Jim Bigler, quoted in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.