wm-properties-capplet broken w/ linux-2.3.99-pre2-4?

Just curious; is wm-properties-capplet broken (control-center-1.0.51), or is
the kernel (2.3.99-pre2-4 and 5)? It worked in pre2-2, but pre2-4 doesn't
like it. It now locks up and refuses to be killed, requiring a reboot and
subsequent fsck.

Removing /usr/bin/wm-properties-capplet, and adding wmaker & before the
exec gnome-session in .xinitrc works for the time being, but it would be
nice to have fully-operational session management.

Of course, it is quite possible that I'm just doing something idiotic too.
If that's the case could someone enlighten me?

Thanks...
kc