Re: Still having panel problems

"Kevin D. Knerr, Sr." wrote:

> On 13 Mar, Brennan W Stehling wrote:
> > I had a problem just like this.  I have a box running FreeBSD with Gnome
> > and Enlightenment.  When I was setting it up for me and my two brothers to
> > use I noticed the panel would not start up.  I found that in the /tmp
> > directory it was leaving orbit folders with cookies.  I am not sure why
> > they were left or why that was a problem but I solved it be deleting after
> > ending a gnome session.  Depending on your X config, you can do something
> > like...
> >
> > .xinitrc
> > ---
> > exec gnome-session
> > rm -rf /temp/orbit-*
> > ---
 Are you sure you execute the rm with the exec just before ?

try
---
exec ls
date
---
in a file or
sh -c 'exec ls ; date'

and say me if you have date results ... ( I hope NOT or 20 years of
my unix life are down !)
:-)
JRC

--
Nur der kleine Geist hält Ordnung, das Genie beherrscht das Chaos.
Seuls les petits esprits aiment l'ordre, le génie maitrîse le chaos.