Re: Gnome replacement for kdesu

Steve Fox <drfickle@k-lug.com> writes:
> They appeared to not trust gsu and the solution was to replace the menu
> entry calling gsu with one calling kdesu. Anyone have any more
> information on the security of gsu?

We have never shipped gsu (well, the source ships but doesn't get
built). So I don't know what they are talking about. gsu basically
does not exist in production form.

The version of gsu in CVS has a helper program which is basically a
cut-and-paste of su, but it talks over a pipe instead of a terminal,
for convenience. This is pretty much the same design as kdesu.

Havoc