Re: gtkhtml

Count Zero <countzero@cyberdeck.org> writes:

> From gnome.org:
>
> "GNOME provides a number of higher level widgets that are not in GTK+. These
> widgets provide a level of consistency between applications, and ease the
> development of GNOME applications. They also provide a lot of the policy that
> goes into designing a consistent desktop."
>
> Sounds like GNOME widgets primary goal is to provide consistancy between
> applications.  Any GNOME widget that is not providing consistancy, should
> probably be lowered down the food chain into something like Gtk.

This is a quote from the Architecture and Design page on the
developer's site.  But you are extrapolating too much.  Take the quote
in context; it is just a description of the "GNOME Widgets" section on
the site.  It is meant to give an idea of what the widgets in
gnome-libs do.  GtkHTML does not live in gnome-libs and has a much
larger scope than just rendering HTML.  Miguel already pointed out its
nice features that users appreciate.

> Btw: Most mature individuals avoid the use of sound effects and sarcasm in a
> debate.  These tactics are generally reserved for the playground.

Sorry.  I thought it sound effects would make things cooler and
flashy.  Let's try that again.

Bzzzt.  Boing.  Kaboom.  Blop blop.  Tweet.  Honk honk.  Chugga chugga.  Squawk.

You are right, it doesn't work.  Sorry again.

> You state "Three wrong assertions"  Lets look at each one...
>
>     "I am glad to know that the Gimp people are smart"
>
> I hope you aren't saying that is wrong?

Dude, have you *ever* looked at GIMP's crap such as the gradient
editor?  What kind of moron wrote that?  That person should really be
put in a mental institution.

>     "GNOME is not a set of widgets"
>
> Well, this is open to some interpretation.

http://www.gnome.org/intro/findout.html

This should give you a clearer view of what GNOME is.

  Federico