Toggle iconify state on click on task name in panel's task list?

Hi!

It's sad to admit it but Windows 98 has a feature I'd like to have in my
Gnome desktop: the ability to toggle the iconify state of a window when the
user clicks on the the name of the task in the panel's task list. This would
be really really nice to have!!!

I have looked around the current configuration dialogs and haven't seen
anything to configure this behavior so I suspect it's not there yet. I know
that I can right-click on the task name and then choose from several options
(like iconify, kill, etc.) in the menu that pops up, but this is not as nice
as just being able to single-click and have the iconify state toggled.

Would it be too hard to hack the tasklist_applet to do this?

I already found a way of having Sawfish minimize all my windows with a
single click or keystroke. If I find a way of having this new feature it
would be just _perfect_ :-)

Cheers,

Eloy.-