RE: Gnome Website slogan

Loban,

Ahh a voice of reason. The current slogan is just fine.
and Loban has hit the meat of it.

No slogan is perfect most are far from it. It has to be
short and catchy. I think any reference to GNU is a bad
idea because most new user won't have a clue. And GNOME
isn't about makeing GNU easy. We use GNU software but nobody
uses GNU per se. plus GNOME is not limited to GNU. Maybe
the slogans "making linux easy" or "making Unix easy" would
appeal to the technical crowd  but its still limiting.

If someone truely has a better one lets use that, after all
we don't want to become some Ivory tower that gets can't
accept a better idea because of "not invented here" syndrome.
However IMO no suggestion so far has sounded better and it
would have to be clearer better than the current.