Re: gtkhtml

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 bob@thestuff.net wrote:

> What is this? http://www.cscmail.net/cschtml/

Its GtkHTML with no GNOME dependancy.

> What caused this fork?

To make the HTML widget easier to compile.

> Can all parties cooperate and recombine the two projects, so that there is
> no duplication of work?

So far the work that has been done is removing the GNOME dependancy layer
where it only requires gdk-pixbuf and libart to compile. Also the perl
bindings have been updated to support a couple of new features for font
face support and so on to have cscmail/pronto use that feature to swithc
the font used to display messages. I doubt that a combination of the two
projects is something that is watned... A lot of users wanted to compile
GtkHTML and it has been a pain for them.. so thats why Steve did what he
did.. I think its a pretty good idea. CSCMail/Pronto do not require gnome
and GtkHTML does - look at the FAQ, http://www.cscmail.net/cschtml/FAQ

Maher