Re: Sawfish configuration files

On 23 Jun, James M. Cape wrote:

> IIRC, Imlib runs "convert" on any image it does not have the ability to
> handle internally. The most likely reason why Imlib is doing this now is
> that Sawfish is trying to load a an image file that isn't an image. I'm
> not that familiar with Sawfish, but I would guess editing the
> configuration to load a different theme by default would fix this
> problem.

Since that post, Richard and I have had some private exchanges. Turns
out that /convert is also being called by gdm, with results like:

/convert: No such file or directory
gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-session.png
All fallbacks failed.

The problem seems to be that imlib is looking for convert and other prgs
in /, rather than in $PATH. I suggested that he create a symlink to see
if that clears up the errors (it should) or creates new ones (it might).

I'm leaning toward the probability that one or more of the packages he
installed was broken in some way.

Regards,

Barthel
--
   ld_barthel@yahoo.com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063
gpg fingerprint: 8D3F 4BFF D36B BFCC FEE5  86A0 2AAF D3DA C395 641E

Any given program will expand to fill available memory.