Re: GNOME Registry

Cory Watson wrote:

> Check out:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/feature/current/index.html
>
> This is an article written by Havoc about GConf, the 'registry' tool that
> Gnome 2.0 will use.
>
> At 07:26 PM 6/15/00 -0600, you wrote:
> >When GNOME moves from the (equivilent) .ini files to Registry based
> >entries for custom settings & user specific settings will the registry
> >be refreshed properly on the fly(Not requiring a reboot to be properly
> >install entries.)
> >Just Curious?

"GConf currently has a single backend that stores configuration data in
XML-format text files" Thank god.
When they mentions "Registry" I had flash backs of the 2-3 years  spent
has a Windows Administrator, what a hell.
Did you know that Office 97 has over 20,000 registry enteries

--
Stephen Cimarelli
ClariNet Internet Solutions