Re: make gnome listen on localhost:*

On 06/15/00 13:43:50 +0100 Paul Warren <pdw@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
+-----
| YES!! Do you know how passive mode FTP clients work?  I'll give you a
| clue: it involves setting up listening sockets on the *client* machine to
| recieve data transfers.
+--->8

Uh, no, that's standard active-mode FTP.  Passive mode puts all listening
sockets on the server.

Blocking high ports on a masquerading host disables masquerading, though.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery@ece.cmu.edu