Re: recreate panel with deafults

> I deleted my panel.
> How can I recreate it with default settings (icons) or
> I would have to add one by one from the menu...?

You could always nuke your .gnome directory

  rm -rf ~/.gnome

Then you will get the default settings - unfortunately for your entire
desktop environment. ;-)

Some other ideas: Try to locate the panel specific files in the .gnome
directory (for instance panel.d) and delete them. Or you could make a
new user, log in as that user, start X, log out, log in as root, copy
the relevant files from the new user's .gnome directory to your own,
change the owner of the files with chown, and nuke the new user.

It might be easier to recreate the panel by dragging the applications
from the foot menu to the panel, after all.

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.auc.dk/olau/