Help! Panel Blues

Newbie Error:

I accidentally removed my main Gnome panel and all that's left is my
utility panel (consists of geek applets, etc.) When I type the command
"panel" at the prompt, it says that a panel is already running, would I
like to open another?  I say yes, and it only brings up a new, empty
panel.

I logged out without saving any session properties, but that didn't do any
good.

Is there some way to bring back my old panel?

Also, is there a simple way to duplicate the settings of one user to
another?  If I have a login of "jsmith", how can I give the user "smithj"
the same environment without re-configuring everything manually?

Many Thanks,

Andy

Andy Meadows
andy@macbroker.com