SuSE 6.3 and gmc

Hi,

I have a problem upgrading gmc for my SuSE
6.3 system. When I use the gmc delivered by
SuSE
(4.5.40) I can change desktop icons and can
arraangee icons like I waant. The
session-management works and I have the
icons
at the places
of the last session.

After upgrrading to 4.5.50, I cannot change
the desktop icons and gmc doesn't remeber
the
locations of the icons. They are all lined
up
from top to bottom.

I have a RH 6.1 as well. There, after
upgrading I can change Icons and so on. The
problem
must be somewhere in the connection of SuSE
and
gmc. Where is the information stored for
which file/link on the desktop which icons
shall
be used. The files/links are in
gnome-desktop,
but where are the icons?