Re: browser

Here's a snapshot from `top` that I just took.  This is typical of netscape,
and it keeps getting worse the longer it lives.

16174 matthew    2   0 26920  26M  8516 S       0  0.0 21.0   2:54 netscape-com

That's 21% of my 128M, with a VM size of 26M.  Add that to my applet and panel
fetishes and you're talking about some real memory.  Pretty soon I'll have to
restart netscape or it will get out of control.  Mozilla is worse.  Maybe it's
the debugging code, but I doubt it.  Netscape has behaved like this since I
started using Linux, 3 or 4 years ago.  Granted, I haven't tried the latest
Milestone because I didn't see any resource improvements between the previous
two.  Is it better?  Head to Slashdot and reload three times after the page
loads completely.  Then check top and see what the usage is.

Matthew