Re: browser

"Matthew <matthew@advantio.com>" wrote:

> Mozilla's still a little clunky/crashy, and
> feels like a 200 lb weight on your desktop.  Eats memory like you wouldn't
> believe.

Really?  Mozilla seems to fly due to it's more efficient display
engine and threading; I'll wait till the debugging code is removed
and the optimizations inserted before passing judgement on it's 20%
memory consumption.  Netscape 4.73 eats up about 7% of my 128MB of
RAM for every open window, which can add up quickly; also, it's
fingertapping-slow.

Sourav Mandal

Sourav K. Mandal

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department of Physics
http://web.mit.edu/smandal/www/

"In enforcing a truth we need severity rather than
efflorescence of language. We must be simple,
precise, terse."

                      -- Edgar Allan Poe,
                        "The Poetic Principle"