Re: debian distro and helix gnome

* Telsa Gwynne (hobbit@aloss.ukuu.org.uk) [000607 19:17]:

> Luckily there are people in the UK who will burn CDs of what is
> about to be released as potato (which I guess is 2.2?) and post
> them to you for the cost of the CDs and postage. The Debian
> website has a list of people who will do this. Big help when it's
> expensive to be online a lot (or when you get automatically dropped
> every two hours, which is what at least one provider does).

Thanks. I'll take a look.

> I have heard from people who are running potato that the Helix
> stuff will work on it happily even though it was designed for
> woody, which is the most "unstable" stuff. (I think. I've never
> seen the Toy Story film the names came from, so I get them
> dreadfully confused.)

Toy Story is great fun. Definately worth a look.
Slink, ie. slinky dog, a toy dog whose head and hind legs are joined by
a spring. Loyal friend to Woody.
Potato, ie. Mr Potato Head, a plastic toy whose facial features 'peg'
onto his potato body (there's a Mrs Potato Head in Toy Story 2).
Woody, one of the film's main protagonists. A wooden cowboy doll.
Favourite toy of the young boy Andy.
And for 2.4 ... Buzz (Lightyear) perhaps?

Regards
-Andrew