Re: locale not supported by C library

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 Paul Johnson <pauljohn@ukans.edu> wrote:

> After installing Gnome 1.2 on a RedHat 6.1 system, I see this same error
> message about locale and C when I start emacs, nedit, many other things.
> I was thinking it was a coincidence, that I broke something else around
> the same time as I installed Hedixcode's Gnome dist.
>
> If anybody knows what coincidentally might have happened, please let us
> know.

I have discovered a way to "fix this".  The problem seems to be that if
you have just logged in from gdm without selecting a language, then the
string is null and so you get the above errors.  By choosing English
(or whatever your preferred language is) and making it the default, all
the warning messages disappear.

Howard

---
Howard Cheng              e-mail: hchcheng@scg.math.uwaterloo.ca
University of Waterloo    URL   : http://www.scg.uwaterloo.ca/~hchcheng/
Computer Science Graduate Student (PhD)

Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so.
                                          - Galilei Galileo