First Time Applet Developer In Distress

Hey folks, I'm writing my first gnome applet, having just "defected" from the
KDE camp.  It's purley hack value, but I can't seem to get the gnome_config
stuff to write to disk.  I'm simply trying to write one parameter out to a
config file that is not there by default.  According to the docs, the routine
should create the file if it doesn't exist.  True?  Anyway, if you would be so
kind, could you point your browser at:
http://orasoft.org/sqlwork_applet/sqlwork_applet.html

... and tell me why the applet does not add the entry to the config file?

Matthew