Re: The Helix Updater

While we're throwing out ideas about the Helix installer, I'd like to put this
forward:  How about making it modular so other projects can use the installer
via plugins?  Example.  I'm the leader of the Orasoft project, and we currently
have 4 apps available.  It would be nice if I could create an Orasoft Plugin
for the Helix installer so that my users could take advantage of the
network-based install and the update facilities.  On the opening screen I
envision a clist with the installed "Project Plugins".  The user selects the
appropriate project, be it Helix, Orasoft, or whatever, and then continues
through the installer.

Matthew
Orasoft.Org