Re: Helix Gnome on Solaris 8 pretends to install but doesn't.

Hi There,

       A work around (if you have a machine and resources) is to install it on
a sol 7 machine and then move is to a sol 8 machine, tar ball it if you have
to. Sun says what works on 7 must work on 8

       The installer for Sol7 is fishy, very fishy, I had to create the .gnome and
.gnome_private directories for myself. Set them to group and user nobody
and then tried the install and then went on ahead to install the stuff, by
plling down the binaries and then (what a pain to install) tried installing the
stuff but the installer kept on crashing. Finally something clicked in the
installer and it worked. I am going to tarball is across to sol 8 and then that
will be a less of a pain the rear when we upgrade to 8.

       Hope that was a helpful view.

       Cheers,

        Aly.

-------
aly.dharshi@cs.uleth.ca

"Aly prefers Plain Text messages compared to HTML based messages"

                     - His E-Mail Program -