Re: Helix Gnome on Solaris 8 pretends to install but doesn't.

>From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@helixcode.com>

>> Then, if you're running it on Solaris 8, it downloads all the RPMs, sees that
>> actually they're for Solaris 7 on stdout but says nothing in the GUI, allows
>> you to say whether you want to use GDM for login, and deletes all the RPMs
>> *without installing anything*.
>
>Please try the new installer.  And remove /opt/gnome before proceeding.

Sorry - I gave up on the binary route and have now installed everything from
source.  There are some basic problems with the generated Makefiles (mostly the
LIBS= lines aren't written correctly) but it seems to be working OK and going
in.

Still can't get the CD player from Gnome-Media to access my CD, but the KDE one
started failing on Solaris 8 a while ago too =OZ

Hopefully someone else can try the Helix-on-Solaris thing now.

Ta,
---------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful---------
o o                                          mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.    http://Moredhel.i.am    mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'  "Micro$oft have performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"