Re: GtkMozilla or GtkGecko?

> I was just reading about GtkMozilla at
> <http://www.mozilla.org/unix/gtk-embedding.html> supposedly is
> going to be used in Nautilus for web browsing. I was hoping that
> Nautlius would be embedding Gecko, the HTML rendering engine, so
> that we could have a Gnome web browser, rather than yet another
> component that has to be themed independently (Gnome, window
> manager, and now browser).

I think both GtkMozilla and GtkGecko is the same thing. Gecko is
the codename for Mozilla's rendering engine. Mozilla refers to the
overall product. I must admit that calling it GtkMozilla seems
misleading because it's actually a widget with the rendering engine,
not the entire mozilla (menu bar, back button, and all).

However, I can understand the points people are bringing up regarding
themes. I'm assuming this is refering to the themes of buttons,
input-forms, and toolbars shown inside a web-page, and whether they
will follow the current gtk theme or not.

Will they?

Of course, maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about.

	= L

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1406  |
|     loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |