Re: Ok, Where has the speed gone?

"Poletti, Don" wrote:

> 1) Make sure that the option "keep menus in memory" is checked. I
> have no idea why the default is no. Then only the first access is slow.
> I also have no idea why they don't pre-load the menus when this option
> is check (hint hint). I find slow menu's to be intolerable.

Yes, I have this option set, I agree, if chossen the menu should be
loaded on startup.

> 2) Your problem statement is a little unclear. "toolbars" are not a
> standard part of the desktop. Is it the menu that's slow or the panel, or
> is it really a toolbar in an app your talking about?

What I am refering to here is window redraws.  It was always slower in a
pixmap theme, but know I am watching it takes between 2-5 seconds to
refress a window when uncovered.  This was not happening under october
GNOME, it used to take about 1/2 second.  Slow but easily tolerated for
the wow factor.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss