Re: Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Jan Houtsma wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 02:47:23PM -0400, Rolando Roman wrote:
> > well i want to use it why have kdm run if not ousing kde?
> >

> > >   What if you don't use gdm?
> > >

> Try
>
> export LC_ALL=C and then startx?

Wow, yes that does the trick. Still don't know what it is all about, but
the messages are gone. Will read man setlocale in the morning, but have
other things to do right now (like getting some sleep).

By the way, your name sounds really dutch. Heb ik gelijk? (Am I right?)

Best regards,

Peter Schram