Menu Panel Config

HI...

Is the menu panel configurable?   Yopuu know the job on the top of the
screen.

I like it and all that, reminds me of my beloved amiga in some ways...
But the damn Favorites space waster pisses me off.  If we had IE for
GNOME sure, but what is the point of it?  It's empty, has never had an
Item that I know off and unlike on other menus I can't turn it off!

Like wise the clock.  All I wantr is the Programs menu and settings
menu, plus the ability to drag sub menus from one of the other menus to
this bar.

Can I achive any of this?

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss