Re: libpixbufloader-png.so is missing

> > When I look for this file in /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf/loaders/ it isn't there
> > But I compiled gdk-pixbuf-0.8.0.tar.gz without any problems.
>
> Really sure of this? The ./configure script might have not recognized your
>  libpng-installation and didn't compile it. ./configure doesn't yell in this
>   case ( I had similar problems till I'd a watch into the ./configure output ).

Well, can't find anything with configure, but make displays a few
warnings explaining (sort of) what goes wrong. It says:

[compile command involving png]
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2  -o libpixbufloader-png.la
-rpath /usr/local/lib/gdk-pixbuf/loaders -version-info 1:0:0 -module
io-png.lo -lpng -lz
rm -fr .libs/libpixbufloader-png.la .libs/libpixbufloader-png.*
.libs/libpixbufloader-png.*

[followed by this message]
*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lz.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module libpixbufloader-png.  Therefore, libtool will
create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

[tiff also gives problems]
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2  -o libpixbufloader-tiff.la
-rpath /usr/local/lib/gdk-pixbuf/loaders -version-info 1:0:0 -module
io-tiff.lo -ltiff
rm -fr .libs/libpixbufloader-tiff.la .libs/libpixbufloader-tiff.*
.libs/libpixbufloader-tiff.*

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -ltiff.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module libpixbufloader-tiff.  Therefore, libtool
will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

I don't know what to do with this. Any thoughts?

Peter Schram