Password for shutdown...

Hi there,

I have one question in connection with shutting down. When one logs out of
Gnome, one is confronted with the option to logout, halt or reboot. When I want
to halt the system or reboot, I have to enter my password. What confuses me is
the fact that if I log out, and then from the introduction screen (or whatever
it's called) I can halt and reboot without a password! This basically means
that is someone else wanted to shut down your computer, they could just do it
using the latter method, so the password doesn't help at all. Or do I see it
wrong?

What exactly is the point of the annoying password issue?

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

Ralph Slooten

   .~.      ICQ:      25543458