GNOME and VNC

Hi!

I'm trying GNOME from VNC (VNC Server running on RH Linux, GNOME 1.2) and
viewer in a NT workstation.
There are some odd color problems though. Some things appear fine (for
example, the panel looks correctly, and main window of Licq looks ok too).
However, Licq title bar has all sorts of colors (red, orange, yellow and
green mainly), background color is same kind of colors (it should be a
bluish gradient), and icons on root window weird colors as well.
If I run it locally, it displays fine. I tried the same VNC server with
Window Maker, which leads me to believe this is not an issue with VNC.
Is anyone having trouble trying to put GNOME to work with VNC ?

--
  .~.   Bruno Lustosa Pereira <bruno@lustosa.net>    | UIN 1406477
  /V\   Linux: The choice of a GNU generation!       | Linux Reg'd User #162375