s l o w t y p i n g

I'm a newbie to gnome so pardon me if the answer is obvious.

I am running SuSE 6.4 with Helixcode Gnome (XFree86 3.3.6) on an AMD
K6-2/400 with 96 MB RAM and an 4MB ATI RAGE PRO video card.

I first noticed the problem after I installed Balsa, but it also does it
in gedit and gnotepad+, and to a lesser extent in Pan. I am no speed
typist so I know that ain't it, but when I type the screen is about 5-7
characters behind me, and when I stop it catches up. I plan on upgrading
my vid-card to a TNT2 but I highly doubt that will fix it.

Any pointers would most graciously appreciated :-)

Peace
'topher

|         Christopher Mattogno          |
|    Manchester, New Hampshire  USA     |
|    topher@mattogno.ne.mediaone.net    |