Re: email and newsreaders

Nikola Pizurica wrote:

> > I also use Netscape, and have tried many times to escape (don't like the
> > crashes), but nothing else seems to be up to scratch.  I have tried kfm
> > as a browser,
>
> Is there any small light weight web browser for Linux?
> In BeOS I like Net+, since it's small and fast. I don't need Java, well I
> can live
> without Java Sript,too.
> I've tried latest build of Mozilla, and when I launched gtop, it showed
> that
> it consumes about 120 megs! No luck with Opera either, it crashed as soon
> as I
> started it....:-(

Both of these also applied to me.  I would like to escape netscape but
have found no email client that crashes less often and just as
importantly has the features netscape offers ( and I am talking
X/GNOME/GTK options only here).

As for a browser I have been tryout  Dillo http://dillo.sourceforge.net
in early development but good for viewing straight html pages with
'light' graphics, and also in early development is Galeon
http://galeon.sourceforge.net although they did not have an homepage
last time I looked so you will have to do a search at sourceforge
http://www.sourceforge.net to find it.  Have downloaded the source for a
program g2 a browser but have not compiled it yet.

There are several up and coming email client on the horizon that look
'good?'  Archimedes, Black-Mail.  CscMail looks 'good' but as I can not
get it to download mail I have not been able to give it a proper try
(more than likely my fault with configuration).

--
Steve - Cheltenham, UK
---------