Re: [Fwd: Bug in font rendering in XFree86 4.0 - 4.0.1?] -- Debugging/UI Inspection tool?

Miles Lane <miles@speakeasy.org> writes:

> Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Here's the patch to XLib to fix the problem. As you might
> > guess, the fact that the patch contains much more comments
> > than actual changes indicates that the om* code is in
> > _bad_ repair. Basically, it looks like the code has been
> > modfied multiple times by people who didn't quite fully
> > understand it.
>
> <snip>
>
> Many thanks, Owen.
>
> I will compile this, test it and let you know what happens.
> Then you can forward the patch to devel@xfree86.org or
> I can, if you'd rather.

I sent a somewhat more detailed bug report with the patch to
xfree86@xfree86.org (The official XFree86 bug report
address.). Hopefully it will be filtered out of the noise,
there. If not, I can send it again.

Regards,
                                        Owen