deskguide issues

i just upgraded with for the latest gnome (using helix-update).  after the
upgrade was complete the keyboard bell was going crazy until i
ctl-alt-backspaced outta GNOME (it was the only way i could get
out).  when i logged back in my deskguide was down to one desktop and i
can't seem to get it back to four!  can anyone enlightenment me as to how
i get this back?

oh, using sawfish and Red Hat 6.2

--
Jack Wallen, Jr.
Editor in Chief of Linux Content

-----
I am covered with pure vegetable oil and I am writing a best seller!